A US mountain bike program designed to promote youth involvement in mountain biking, particularly downhill and dual slalom racing, through awareness, education, competition, and training.
GROM Racing is a parent-run youth biking team that directly provides resources and opportunities for junior riders to race competitively. We provide bikes, coaching, mechanical support, travel, and supervision for young athletes. It is also a forum to teach leadership, sportsmanship, cooperation, and life skills in a structured, team environment.
GROM Racing is a volunteer staffed program with experienced coaching, mechanics, and management. Families make up the resources (financial or time) when outside support is insufficient. We find ways to subsidize or provide grants for riding when we can.
GROM Racing Goals
- Encourage team youth involvement & development: as riders, cycling ambassadors, and young adults.
- Cultivate an environment where youth learn the responsibilities and benefits of teamwork, and demonstrate it
- Provide needed support and coaching for youth athletes
- Promote responsible and safe cycling
- Educate youth and the public on these unique gravity mountain biking sports
- Increase participation in the sport especially among middle and high school youth
- Advance gravity mountain biking sports – particularly in the eastern US
- Provide feedback to equipment and apparel sponsors as appropriate